December 30, 2009

Disc Golf on the Wii

Are family Christmas gift this year was a Wii gaming system. We were able to find a 'Family Pack' bundle that included multiple controllers and five additional games. One of the extra games is Wii Sports Resort. It includes Frisbee Golf.

This particular version was the highest rated Disc Golf Game in a review of Disc Golfer Magazine earlier this year. It rated highest for disc flight and feel. It didn't rank very well for graphics. It also doesn't include baskets bu instead you putt at columns of light in the middle of a ball golf course green.

With all that being said the game really is a lot of fun. My two youngest boys found it the most fun out of what ended up being 11 games we started with after all their presents they opened. We even have a 'Frisbee' remote for the Wii.

The discs fly well and the feel is good. It seems to be easier to get a hole-in-one on this game than in the real game...at least for my family. My wife, my youngest son Parker and my oldest son Joseph all have had a hole-in-one all ready. I, however, have not.

If you have a Wii and you like Disc Golf, I would recommend Wii Sports Resort.

No comments: