September 24, 2009

MTA's already?

While Kallsen was in resting (he has pneumonia) and my wife was lining up a sub for tomorrow, Parker and Daddy went outside to play catch with the Dodgebee. A Dodgebee is a soft but firm flying disc. There purpose is for kids to play dodgeball but with a flying disc. Less hurt kids with a Dodgebee than a red rubber ball.

I love playing with the Dodgebee because I can play catch with Parker...he's three...because I can throw the Dodgebee pretty fast and hard and he can catch the Dodgebee without fear (his or mine) of him getting hurt. He throws really well and catches really well. We had five or six exchanges in a row tonight with no drops and great throws!

Anyway, on his own, Parker decided to throw and catch himself. Those that are disc players know this as Self Caught Flight. In competition you get judged three ways...by how long the disc is in the air (MTA for Maximum Time Aloft), how far you run to make a catch (TRC for Throw Run and Catch) or a combination of each.

Parker threw the Dodgebee into the air and caught it three of four times. No more than a second and a half and he didn't take more than one or two steps...how awesome is that? We'll wait to work on the one-hand grab in the future.

Most that know me know that I love all disc sports...Disc Golf, throwing MTAs, Double Disc Court (DDC), Discathon, Ultimate and Dodgebee. I love that my kids all seem to enjoy playing too.

One more plug for Dodgebees...they're so soft that you can teach kids how to catch without having to worry if they'll get hurt...because they won't. My sister has Dodgebees for her boys and my friend Matt has Dodgebees for his son. I think they'll agree.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Judy Roo said...

boy......does parker have the form!!