July 27, 2009

A Great Sunday

Our first full day in Minnesota was Sunday and it was a great day. It began with my friend Matt and I hitting two disc golf courses. One in Plymouth, where I grew up, and one in Eden Prairie. The course in Eden Prairie is a pay-to-play course surrounded by a lot of courses that are free to play and well designed. Needless to say, as a long time player, I was looking forward to the experience.

The pay-to-play course is part of the Three Rivers Park District. They have three pay-to-play courses in Minneapolis. The course we played is at Bryant Lake Park. It is not a course for the faint of heart. It is both physically challenging and mentally challenging.

Here's the info board at the first tee

Looking back at a hole from the next tee
Following the disc golf outing, we held Kallsen's 5th birthday party. My grandpa Kallsen (age 96 and Kallsen's name sake) came along with my sisters and their husbands and kids. My friend Matt (who played Disc Golf) came over with his wife and son. It was a really fantastic day.

Me reading Kallsen one of his birthday cards


Kallsen's cupcake birthday cake



Kallsen blowing out the candle
Following the party, Kallsen wanted a sleep over. So my sister Sarah's boys Davey (5) and Derek (3); my boys Joseph (12), Kallsen (5) and Parker (3); and my twin sister's daughter Amelia (11) slept in the basement of my parents house with me as the one adult chaperon downstairs.
That meant that all the other adults...my Mom and Day; my wife; both my sisters and my nephew Josh (19) and Joe (visiting from Ireland) all slept in regular beds upstairs.
We woke to a great breakfast of pancakes, bacon and muffins that my wife Sara Beth cooked from everyone. A truly great day and a wonderful birthday for Kallsen.




2 comments:

Matt said...

It was a very good Sunday, indeed. Disc golf, birthday party with cake! Who could ask for more? Signed, your friend Matt who played disc golf.

Kara said...

It was a great birthday! The kids had such a great time! And so did the adults :)